Prizma’s recognized expertise in international environmental and social standards, bankable ESIAs and due diligence are used for internal and external project and institutional audits, developing and fine-tuning bankable baseline studies and impact assessments, and international arbitration. Project examples are shown below and references are available upon request.
- Expert Witness on environmental and social standards (IFC Performance Standards) for an international arbitration case before the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID) in Washington DC (Client: White & Case);
- Internal compliance audit of IFC relating to community complaint about Karachaganak oil project, Kazakhstan (Client: IFC/MIGA’s Office of Compliance Ombudsman);
Environmental and Social Impact Assessments (ESIA, SIA and SEA)
- Critical review of selected ESIA sections for Hunter Dickinson/Continental Minerals’ Xietongmen Project, Tibet. Supported resettlement planning to ensure compliance with IFC Performance Standards/Equator Principles; contributed to biodiversity conservation strategy.
- High level ESIA and RAP strategy review for Antares’ Haquira Copper Project, Peru (now First Quantum).
- Contributed to ESIA baseline study and QA/QC for Dundee Precious Metals’ Deno Gold brownfield mining project in Armenia (with AATA International).
- Lead consultant for stakeholder engagement, social impact assessment, and resettlement planning, and contributed to biodiversity offset strategy and various action plans for Gold Reserve’s Brisas Project, Venezuela (with AATA International).
- ScottsMiracle-Gro, benchmarking against peers, inaugural GRI G3-based 2011 Corporate Responsibility report.
- Lundin Mining Corp., inaugural 2009 Sustainability Report, CSR benchmarking, second (2010) reports, 3rd Party Check of 2011 report.
- Fulbright Academy for Science & Technology (NGO), inaugural GRI report ('A-level').
- Nova Scotia Liquor Corporation (Canadian Crown Corporation), reviewed and Third Party Checked inaugural 2009-10 GRI report ('B' level);
- Red Back Mining (now Kinross), inaugural Sustainability Report ('B' level)
- Cliffs Natural Resources, contributed to 2009 GRI report ('B+' level)
- Mibanco (Microcredit Institutions, Peru) – peer reviewed inaugural 2008 report ('C' level)
- Gold Reserve Inc., generated inaugural 2007 Sustainability Report ('B' level)
Capacity Building & Training
- Developed & delivered over a dozen courses in IFC Performance Standards & Equator Principles in Canada, China, Panama, Peru, UK and Venezuela;
- Developed first GRI-certified course on sustainability reporting in North America. Anchored and delivered over a dozen GRI-certified training courses across Canada and US (in collaboration with LEAD Canada and ISOS Group).